Precision Cellular Storage respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
- What do we do?
- What personal information do we collect and why?
- Who do we share your personal information with?
- Legal basis for processing personal information
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
- International data transfers
- Data retention
- Your data protection rights
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- How to contact us?
What do we do?
We collect and store stem cells samples ("Samples") for subsequent use in clinical therapy (our "Services").
What personal information do we collect and why?
We have received from you and collected the following information about you, your family members and/or your children where it is relevant to our Services:
- Name and contact details such as address, email and phone number
- Health information such as medical conditions and the test results carried out on the Samples and maternal blood which may impact our ability to store them
- Number, due date and date of birth of your children
- Contact details of your doctor
- Other sensitive information on your health such as biometric data as the case may be
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, Precision Cellular Storage Ltd and Precision Cellular Storage QSTP-LLC
- to our third party services providers and partners including Biovault Technical Limited for the purpose of storing your Samples.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person. This includes the Human Tissue Authority who regulate our Services.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. For example:
- To perform our contract with you for the storage of your Samples
- To comply with any legal obligations imposed on us in relation to that storage
- To protect the vital interests of you or another person
- For our own legitimate interests, for example in order to market our services to you and carry out internal analytics on our customers
- Consent, where this is required for the processing of your health data
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about this or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide you with the Services that you have requested and to comply with any applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements related to those Services.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights in relation to your personal information controlled by Precision Cellular Storage:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact the relevant data controller:
Qatar based customers:
Precision Cellular Storage QSTP-LLC
Tech 2 Building
Qatar Science & Technology Park
P.O. Box 210563
Doha, State of Qatar
Phone: +974 4404 9024